Saturday, April 27, 2013

Continuing Work On Right Wing

Haven't posted in awhile, but I continue to work on the right wing. Pretty much everything is a repeat of the left wing, but I have avoided a couple mistakes I made and don't have to take as much time studying the instructions. I've got the main ribs all riveted to the main spar, rear spar and doubler plates riveted on, top skins and wing walk doublers ready to go, and everything but the skins ready for the outboard leading edge.

Right wing ribs going on to main spar.
 The right wing should be at the same point as the left in a couple more days work, I just need help to get all the riveting done. I should be getting the j stiffener that I need and the sealant for the tanks any day now so that I can start work on the fuel tanks. I think that I'm about half way done with the wings at this point, so should end up with about 400 hours or so of work on them.


Left wing hanging above right wing waiting for top skin rivets.

 I haven't been working as much on the weekends lately since the weather has been so good, spending more time in the outdoors. It was a very poor winter for snow, with almost nothing left below the 10,000 foot level.


Lake Sabrina



No comments:

Post a Comment