Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Ribs riveted on


No work on the plane this weekend, but the last couple days have been productive. A friend who built an RV 9 had some extra nut plates laying around so he gave me enough to get one wing done. With help from Lee I got the nut plates riveted on, countersinks done, and the left main ribs riveted to the main spar on Monday. Tonight I clecoed the rear spar and doubler plates on to the ribs, got everything final drilled, countersinks where called for, dimples in the flanges, and everything deburred and ready for primer. I'll get the rear spar and doubler plates primed tomorrow and start working on the top skins. I'd like to have the top skins on before the weekend is over. Things are actually starting to look like a wing now.

No comments:

Post a Comment